Friday File: Battaglin Retro vs Modern, Happy Holidays From Louis Garneau

Jorgen Pedersen
photo Jack Claassen












Safe to say, I have yet to ride a modern bike, or enjoy it's modern conveniences - good timing, here's an entertaining comparison of the retro vs modern theme by the guys of GCN. Although, I would never say no to a modern bike, I'm happily embracing my retro 1987 Marinoni Columbus steel bike. I can sincerely say, it has it's own merits of charm (superb lug craftsmanship, chrome folks and ride quality) placing me in a position, I'm happily reluctant, not to step up (quite yet) to a modern bike.


Note: Doesn't the retro test rider closely resemble the Dane, Jorgen Pedersen? In 1986, he wore the yellow jersey (5 days) and was teammate to Stephen Roche on the Carrera team.









***
As Christmas is around the corner, I'm looking forward to spending festive quality time and also, planning a new look to my blog.



Comments