Friday File: Let's see how strong he is then. The cheapest ice bath & the Badger knows.

Pierre Rolland put in a brave performance. 
Don't count him out for tomorrow.








Chris Froome came into today's stage looking to secure his yellow jersey, but his rivals had something else to say. An epic day with a shark attack atop La Toussuire then soloed to victory. This stage win is the Nibali's safe of face in his Tour. At the moment of the attack Froome had a mechanical (a stone in his brake pad) and that's when Nibali left him. Froome complained it was unsportsmanlike for Nibali to attack given the minor mechanical. I disagree. I think it's game on and the race is go. Fair and square. Froome should be more concern of the bonehead idiot fan that spat at him. The closest challenger was Quintana attacking on the final slopes excitingly taking 37s. Tomorrow is the make or break it stage and it will be a visual feast... Croix de Fer (again) and the iconic Alpe d'Huez is on the menu.



'I'll try again tomorrow from further out. Let's see how strong he is then.'

- Nairo Quintana



'Up the Col du Glandon, a bit of tar or small stone in my brake caliper in my rear wheel. Nibali decided to make his move. He did see what he was doing. I'm pretty sure he look around and saw I was in trouble. You do not do that to the race leader... it's not sportsmanlike. Tomorrow will be epic, but I got to keep up to the little Colombian first.'


- Chris Froome





The Shark!

with Panache!













Quintana!







This guy is 3 pts ahead in the KoMs...







It's all suffering to me...






Relief after stage 16...

IAM rider using the cheapest ice bath in Le Tour.






Downhill kamikaze...

I admire his style.





Classic Cool...

The Badger doing his cheshire cat grin, 1984 Tour.







and this looks ominous on the drive to Alpe d'Huez...



Hoping no rain tomorrow.

Comments